Response is Necessary

I encourage any response that you may have. PLEASE comment. Tell me if you agree, disagree, don't understand, whatever. Just let me know what you think.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Integrity

Everyone likes a man of integrity until his integrity gets in the way of their own lawlessness.

I was coming home today on a stretch of road that is a bit windy and is only two lanes across. The speed limit is 55 mph. the whole way except for a school zone where it dips down to the standard 25 mph. People hate being behind me on this road because I go the speed limit. When I get to the school zone and slow to the posted speed limit, all too often people take this opportunity to speed past me either on the oncoming traffic lane, or some times even on the shoulder. It is dangerous enough to be speeding as it is, but to pass on the shoulder in a school zone is a bit much. It amazes me to what extent people are willing to go to, to do what they want. They are willing to break the law by speeding, but when they aren’t able to do that they are willing to break even more laws in order to do what they want. People want others to have integrity but they only want it as long as it doesn’t interfere with something they want more.

I find it ironic to see the same people sitting just in front of me at the next light 6 miles up the road.

2 comments:

Sharon G said...

Reminds me of this quote

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead."
Mac McCleary

Doah said...

Well my son, Max, did just write an essay on integrity at school wherein he brought your name up as a man he admires who is the very definition of integrity. I still have to get a copy to you. Enjoyed the post.